Haunted Lies part 1

INCIDENT 2
The Red Carpet

29 August 2002,

Sometimes being a fashion freak may lead you through many life menacing experiences.  I came to know it yesterday.  Few days ago as I mentioned on ‘22 August’ page my husband surprised me by gifting a beautiful red carpet.  I loved it and decorated my drawing room floor with it.  My son Rehan already started enjoying its smoothness. But the enjoyment lasted for few moments.  The carpet turned out to be haunted.  The first stroke came on 23 August morning after my husband left for office and Rehan went to school I noticed some scratch marks on the carpet,  as habituated I suspected Rehan but on clean observation , they looked like the nails of a ferocious wild animal.  After my husband returned we discussed it secretly as Rehan refused on spoiling it.  The next incident took place on 25 morning, the carpet used to be distorted every day since 25 and finally on 27 august we decided to investigate. After pretending to be asleep we came to the dark drawing room tip toeing and to our utmost horror we saw that two strangers along with an animal are playing on it… my husband thought it was Rehan and switched on the lights and the next moment, there was absolute silence.  Guess what?  There wasn’t anyone….not even Rehan, for next hour we were in a comma and then my husband got up, picked the carpet and folded it in four.  He walked towards the balcony and threw it far into the beach and after minutes the mighty waves carried it.  Perhaps a hallucination but I saw those three figures waving us or perhaps thanking us….do you have any explanation to this?


Sabina  

Comments

Popular Posts