Haunted Lies part 3

CHAPTER1 : ABBA KA SCOOTER
It is absolutely weird when I speak about paranormalities in this modern world.  But when love can exist then other four elements can also have their existence.  My friends describe it as a feeling, a hallucination or a mind diverting topic, but my father has made me believe that it is a real element of life.  Before you start getting bored out of this jist, let me introduce you to myself, my name is irfan and I am a stock exchange broker, not any special job to do but whatever job it is, I get sufficient salary to go on in life. In my family I just have my wife and a scooter….my abba`s scooter. 
Salima, my wife has told me get rid of that rusted piece and get a new scooty but there is a strong reason why I don’t want to sell it.  It was my school days, when abba and me used to go on that scooter for namaz after sehri in ramzaan time, and then in evening for iftaar, he used to take me to the meherbaan sadan and we used to purchase a lot of food items for our whole family.   The scooter was a part and parcel of abba`s life.
I, scooter and abba were really a very good group, every Sunday I used to see abba polishing and washing the scooter.  He used to enjoy doing that and then he would start singing old mohammad rafi songs washing it. After one hour of antakshari ammi would taunt from her kitchen window- “yeh scooter toh meri sautan hain...din bhar bahar uske saath….mirza sahib!! Ab andar aa jaiye, khana kha lijiye” and then abba would get up looking at me standing at first floor stairs and say-“ ifru…kuch jalne ki boo aa rahi hai, chal aaja jali hui roti khate hain” and smile. I would start laughing in return.
Days went on like that until I reached my degree college, aaba was home that day for jumma.  Every Friday, he used to take a leave from his work. I went to college where I realised that my tiffin was at home. I called up at home and abba picked up!! “hello abba!! I have left my tiffin at home, tell ammi not to worry, I will have something outside!!” abba said-“ ifru!! Ill get your tiffin anyways I am free, you might spoil your health with outside food.”
I was happy that abba is coming to college with tiffin, I went to attend my lecture, at around 30 minutes, there was a small anoucement
“all classes are suspended today, students are advised to go home, as there is a possible cause of riots, please be safe and until the situations are normal, please donot come to college”
RIOTS, abba!! He was outside with tiffin, due to jammers and security blockers, phones went unfunctional, I came out of college in a dilemma, if abba would had left home, then he must be on the way, and if he hasn’t then I should leave, wether to go or not?  I chose to wait in college for another hour,  after an hour, the streets were silent, I could see smoke araising from a corner of the street.  I decided to reach home!! On my way I was reading kalma…blood sheded bodies everywhere, and the scenario was pathetic. Tyres were burning and vehicles were dead on the road with broken glasses everywhere.
I wanted to go through straight road but as soon as I reached jamiya mosque, I heard a sound, it was the horn of abba`s scooter, with joy I entered the lane next to the mosque, but I kept on walking, it was only the sound of the scooter horn, as though abba was calling me, like he used to call in mornings of my school days, I went forward, searching for it. Once it used to be too loud and again it used to come from a very far of place, but after 45 minutes of walking  and chasing the sound, I did not realise, but I had reached home. I saw abba`s scooter was standing before my house and headlight was broken, there were blood stains on that scooter body and tyres. I went inside to see loads of people standing there….ammi was in tears, I went and sat near her and she looked at me and got a smile on her face, she hugged me tight and started crying loudly, I was also in tears because all I could see was abba lying with eyes close and blood stained clothes before me.
Later abdul chicha told me that abba was a victim of roits, he had died near that jamiya masjid gali and I heard him like a stone. 

I knew abba dint die, he is in the scooter which helped me to escape the roits as there were rioters waiting for me to cross jamiya mosque. He saved me even after his life. Since that day the scooter lies there although I don’t ride it but it is still there.

Comments

Popular Posts