Haunted Lies part 2

Chapter 2
Howrah incident

Place: Kolkata
19 August 2013

How to make people believe that the word PARANORMAL is defined… Ashutosh believes that I am a coward, but whatever happened at Howrah was not my illusion but rather it was true.  I was travelling for first time from Delhi to Howrah.  I accept that I get rheumatoid when I feel that I am lonely, but that day when the train reached Howrah, I knew something was definitely wrong.  I had come to study engineering and had booked a room in Ashutosh`s Hostel for stay.  Ashutosh was about to receive me in the station.  I quietly stood on the platform no 12.  I never knew that platform no 12 was the longest of all platforms and was the exit.  It had been 15 minutes and almost all people had left.  I could hear the sound of few coolies who were fighting behind the steel barricades regarding some money.  A strong smell of Dry fish was irritating my nose and I was a bit uncomfortable.  Just above my head I could see a small banner which has a faint light and it has been written platform no.12 on it.  In the utter silence of Platform I got the idiotic feeling of loneliness and slowing I had started getting goose bumps.  Suddenly I saw a man sleeping on the wooden bench.  As soon I saw him he got up with a jerk and signaled me to come and sit near him.  I ignored him very badly.  He got up and came near me, and said: “Babu, Boshe padun nahole ooo karab bhabbe…”   I was not able to understand what he said because it was in Bengali.  I slowly looked at him, his eyes were glowing like a cat and hair was rough and grey.  He appeared to be some coolie but later his clothes with murky smell signaled that he was some mad begger.  I kept on ignoring him and he kept on talking to himself, at times he laughed and at times he became dead silent.  I was cursing ashutosh for his delay and suddenly he said again  “babu……..dekho, dekho….” I saw him pointing at something.  I turned in a flexion to see what is he pointing at and I was stunned.  A faint white figure admist the railway track was walking towards us.  I could see that I wasn’t walking  it was just sweeping itelf over the railway track like a snake.  I was paranoid. The hoot of owl was heard at a distance… all the commotion stopped. I turned back to as what is it but the man disappeared.  In a fraction of second I took a turn to check for that figure….but it wasn’t there too…with utter shock, I fainted.

                        When I gained my senses.. I saw Ashutosh before me. He asked “ hey buddy!! What happened? Are you ok?”  I recollected and narrated the incident. After that I saw an unbelievable silence on his face. He just said “Get ready we will go to Kalighat”.  Kalighat!!!! This signals something really bad!!! I got up and saw a newspaper near to my bed…I just took it and the headlines read- “ MISHAP AT PLATFORM 15 OF HOWRAH…” the news spoke about a middle aged man , suspected to be a beggar who was mysteriously found dead today morning…police found his body in three pieces out of which one was on railway track.  No  sign of animal attack were found.  I just muttered “ I think I had  met him yesterday!” 

Comments

Popular Posts