Haunted Lies part 3

CHAPTER 4-  TELEPHONE
TRINGG…..TRINGG…..the old telephone , perhaps only the kings of India would know about the wonderful instrument, gave its annoying noise when cheeku, my brother was playing with it.  Dad had all these habit of being a philanthropist and collecting old, ancient items from all those old age groups who used to come into the church so that they can give their junks to my dad!!
Dad had recently got a telephone from Mr. Captor this Sunday, and its been 24 hours that it has got on my nerves.  Last time he had got a wall clock which would give an alarm whenever it would feel like and that had to be thrown into the basement with a broken hand.
This telephone was somewhat weird, well, Mr. Captor told that this was used by Robert Clive in 1756, and my dad was so fascinated that he got this telephone for 1400 bucks.  The cause of my irritation was cheeku was constantly playing with its self dial button and the phone would start honking very badly!
Dad was very annoyed if anyone would tell anything about his junks.  So mom would just taunt things into my ear and we would share a laugh.  But this telephone gave a weird incident to me, which I had never imagined off.
It was 12 past 15 minutes in night and I was about to sleep after an hour long conversation over phone.  As soon as  I dispersed on the bed, the anoying phone started ringing.  I went and shaked it thinking that some of the part must be loose but after a couple of minutes silence it started ringing again. To prevent it from ringing I picked up the receiver, and was about to slam it down when I heard voices other side.
“hello…hello General…..the empire orders you to conquer fort….fort William….general am I audible? Please respond….”
Out of curiousity I said- “hello”
All the voices other side stopped…. The phone was dead.   I was pretty surprised.  I saw the phone wasn’t even connected. I tried investigating but the phone did not respond anything.  I dialled my number but the phone was dead.  Tired of all these I slammed the receiver and slept.  Luckily that night it did not ring again.
Next day morning cheeku was playing with I again…I asked him.
“what do you do with that phone?  There  are voices recorded in it of people, and I have to get troubled at midnight”
Cheeku just stared at me and turned his face away, he quietly got up and went and hugged mom tightly.  As usual mom started scolding me for being a bully.
Again that night the phone gave a ring at 12:20.  I went and picked the call and heard the same noise again, but this time it was a women.
“ hello…charles, are you there? The minister ….is dead….we need to get married soon…..hello….”
Again out of curiosity I said
“ sorry!! Madam, this is not Charles, you might have tried the wrong number!!”
But again the voices went back and the phone was dead.  For the first time today I felt that some one was standing behind my back, I turned back to see empty spaces.
Next day morning !! when I was walking down for breakfast I saw footprints out there near my closet!! As though some one was standing there.
Anyways I went down and told scarlet, our maid to clean the room completely while hogging over a piece of hamburger.
That night again the same thing happened and morning the place was filled up with foot prints as if somebody was walking near the telephone. Surprisingly this time the door of my room was locked.
The next night I decided to catch upon this person who sneaks into my room.  I hid behind the study table to have a clear vision over the telephone.  As usual at around 12: 15 the telephone rang!!
Tring tring!! It kept on ringing for few minutes, then …..holy god! There was a man indeed, tall broad shoulders, he walked past the table like an army man, at in stand at ease position of his left hand he picked up the receiver in other hand.
I was sweating, drenched in my sweat and my eyes were wide. He held the phone near his ears and was spoke to someone over phone for 10 minutes, then he slammed the receiver down!!
I got up shouting
“who the hell are you? And what are you doing in my room?”
He turned towards me, with his red white eyes he glared and then gave a smile and said
“hello gentlemen, this is captain Charles here…….”

I fainted at the very moment to see general Charles, the general of 1766 war of plassy before me,  and when I regained consciousness I found Mr. captor, dad and mon surrounding near me!! I looked towards the telephone……it wasn`t there.

Comments

Popular Posts