Haunted Lies part 2

Chapter 5
Fault in our stars!

Don’t sue me for this title now.  I liked it so I used it.  Introducing myself, I am Hriday Seshadri, by profession I am an engineer.  I am grateful that I am able to share my experience with you.  Few days ago, I had a visit to Bangalore.  Bangalore is a very nice place. Cool and tension free in comparative to Chennai.  In Bangalore, my friend Ashwin stays. So he was very kind enough to offer me his room for staying.  Before his house there was a big mango tree. It bore sweet mangoes, I must say.  That night we decided to hangover over terrace.  Ashwin and I were keen on such issues.  It was like an energy source for us. That night on terrace Ashwin was ready with bottles and I got chips and mixture from neighboring shop. From the terrace, the view of the area was quiet good only behind the terrace there was a graveyard where people were buried after they had enjoyed their life.  Far away the crown of a mosque was visible.  It was eleven at night when we actually started to drink, till then I was more interested in his stories. Ashwin spoke about Bangalore, his stay, his affairs, his works and many other stuffs and I was very much interested.  At 11 30 pm I made out that Ashwin can no longer keep himself awake.  Soon Ashwin slept off, I was roaming on the terrace and then I could see someone coming towards us. He came upstairs and introduced himself as Ashwin`s colleague Samrat.  He was very friendly kind of person. We spoke to each other till morning 4 am and then there was something weird.  The holy Namaz, was loud enough to be heard from the distance. As soon as the first call of the Allah was given, I turned back to look towards the faint light on the tomb and starry sky, I turned back and “ it so soothing…..” these words of pleasure had just come out from my mouth when I saw Samrat had disappeared.
I searched him all along the terrace.  I knew I wasn`t drunk so much that I would tart hallucinating people, I looked at the tray, there were three glasses.  Now I knew that Samrat was playing a trick with me.  I got up and started roaming the terrace calling ‘Samrat!’   but there wasn’t any answer and finally due to tiredness I fell on my knees and I became unconscious.  Around 9 AM in morning I was forcefully woken up by Ashwin.
“ I knew, u cannot handle vodka. Look at yourself.”

“Hey! MR. Taunter…. You were the one who had slept of early, I was talking to your fried whole night” I said in a slow and husky voice.

“My friend? Who?” asked Ashwin in a surprised manner.

“Samrat! He had come yesterday night but then he ran away, I don`t know why?” I replied.

“Are you serious?  Samrat was my roommate who committed suicide last year, how the hell can he come out of his grave and meet you?” came those words on a serious note.

I was stunned.  Was I drunk so much?

   

Comments

Popular Posts